I didn't get to celebrate too much over the weekend. I was in the NICU both Saturday and Sunday but I had Monday off to relax. The weather didn't really cooperate with our plans to watch fireworks outdoors but we got to show Hunter what they looked like on TV.
Our yankee doodle dandy!!
Erica and Hunter
Chris and Hunter
I have recently been going to bed at 9:00pm and for anyone who knows me, that is at least 4 hours before my typical bedtime. This getting up at 5:30am is not really my favorite thing but I'm makeing the best of it. I can say that the traffic that early is non-existant which is a plus.
Hunter is trying his hardest to crawl. He can get up on his hands and knees for a total of 5 seconds before he gives up and gets frustrated. I know once he is on the move we will be chasing after him for years.
Chris is being a real trooper with my long hours and early mornings. I know it isn't easy to take care of Hunter in the mornings solo and then go see patients and take care of him all weekend long.
I know this transistion would be much more difficult if I didn't know that my mom and dad were taking care of Hunter during the day. I would worry much more and not focus on my job as well.
So far things are going well in the NICU. I am enjoying taking care of the little ones. The learning curve is steep but I'm trying to keep up.
Erica, I can't believe your little boy is so big already! Hunter is stinkin' cute. Glad you found my blog, and that now I can follow yours! I look forward to hearing about your journey as a family through residency. Brett's got 3 years left, too, so we'll finish up at the same time. Best of luck in the NICU!
ReplyDelete